Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Looking For a New Camera Case

The original leather camera case had seen better times. Being in storage for over 50 years has caused the leather to dry out. The biggest problem is the broken strap. To keep the camera in pristine condition a proper case and strap are needed. I took the case to my local leather repair shop, The Country Cobbler. They were great to work with and even took pictures before and after. When I went o pick it up, there was some bad news. The case is too delicate for daily use.
Before the Repair



I went online when I got home to search for a replacement case. In a half-hour, I found Luigi of Luigi Cases located in Rome, Italy. He is a former Leica dealer who now creates custom leather cases for Leica and other brands. I sent the money through PayPal and within minutes it was on its way to me. In three working days, the case arrived and it is a beauty.
Camera With the New Case

No comments:

Post a Comment