Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Leica Lesson Number One: Make Sure the Film is Loaded Properly!

Leica Rewind Knob Leica Winding KnobWell, I was taking pictures all last week with the Leica. I am shooting with Kodak 400TX Black and White film. As I was getting close to 36 exposures, I was thinking to myself, "Finally I can send a roll of film out to make sure the camera functions properly." When I got to forty exposures, I had to check the camera. First, I went to the manual (that I redid) and it says, "While the winding knob rotates clockwise, the rewind knob should turn in the opposite direction to the arrow. This will indicate that the film is traveling properly." Oops, this was not the case. All week I have been taking pictures of nothingness, black matter, the third dimension or the twilight zone. It took me two times to get it loaded correctly - not as easy as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment