Tuesday, February 26, 2019

The Camera is on its Way Home

Last week I sent the Leica camera to Youxin Ye of YYE Camera. He works out of his home repairing Leica cameras. I mailed the camera to YYE Camera on a Wednesday, and on Monday it is completed - very fast turnaround!
This is what he wrote to me: "Leica IIIa - CLA'd, cleaned, and lubricated mechanical parts, adjusted shutter speeds. Shutter works well at all speeds now.  Cleaned both finders and adjusted focus. Both finders are clean and clear now. Summar 50/2.0 lens - CLA'd, cleaned and lubricated both focus and aperture rings, cleaned optics.The lens is clean and clear now considering its age.Tested the lens with a digital M body, the lens is in focus and produce good images".

Here is a picture that he took when the camera was all apart:

The Leica Project - At the Shop
This all sounds great. I will receive the camera tomorrow. I now have to order some film (which a whole other topic).

No comments:

Post a Comment